Direct School Admission (DSA)
2018 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION @ MARIS STELLA HIGH SCHOOL
To apply via Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise for Admission to Secondary One in 2019 at Maris Stella High School, current Primary 6 male students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Academic entry requirements (PSLE T-Score) eligible for Express course of study and must offer Chinese as Mother Tongue Language
- Requirements stated for the CCA that he is interested in
MSHS SPORTS AND GAMES REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants must have represented his primary school, participated in international, regional or national competition(s) in one of the following sports:
· Rockwall Climbing
· Table Tennis
· Tenpin Bowling
(b) Key player of the School Team who achieved Top 8 placing at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(c) Individuals who achieved Top 8 placing in their individual events at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(d) Individuals with outstanding achievements.
MSHS AESTHETICS REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member of the following Performing Arts CCA in 2017 and 2018
· School Band· Chinese Orchestra
(b) Shortlisted applicants must be able to perform
· A self-prepared solo piece, and
· A sight-reading piece provided by the school
· Any two scales (School Band only)
MSHS SCOUT REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants must be a member of the Cub Scout in 2017 and 2018
(b) Actively involved in the Scouts Movement
(c) Achieved at least the Gold Arrow.
(d) Endorsement by Primary School Cub Scout teachers.
MSHS CLUBS AND SOCIETIES REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member in one of these CCAs in 2017 and 2018
· Chinese Drama and Debate
· English Literary Society (Debate and scrabble)
· Photography and Videography
· Robotics Club
(b) Represented his primary school in relevant competitions
(c) Certification in relevant skills.
(i) Photography and Videography:
-Portfolio in Photography/Video-making/Digital Media (Hard/soft copy)
-Experience and competency in using media software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro etc.
(ii) Robotics Club:
-Experience in either C++ or Python Programming
- Participated in NJRC/FLL/WRG/APYRC or other international/national robotics competitions and obtained a good standing in either the main or side events.
1. Candidates who are shortlisted are required to go through DSA selection conducted by the school.
2. Depending on the number of applications and vacancies, shortlisted candidates will be notified via email by 6 July 2018 (Fri) to attend a selection trial which will be conducted between 11 – 30 July 2018.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the exact date, time and venue for the audition/trial.
4. Successful candidates from the audition/trial will be informed to attend an interview session.
5. Letters will be issued to all shortlisted candidates by 31 August 2018 (Wednesday), informing them if they have been given a Confirmed Offer, placed on
the Waiting List or being Rejected.
6. Students given a Confirmed Offer are guaranteed a place in the school provided they qualify for the Express course of study.
|Important Dates to Note
|7 May- 2 July 2018||Submission of online DSA Application Form|
|By 6 July 2018||School to send e-mail notification to shortlisted candidates.|
|11 – 30 July 2018||Selection trial for shortlisted candidates. Submission of supporting documents on the day of selection.
|By 31 August 2018||School to inform shortlisted candidates of the selection outcome.
HOW TO APPLY
Please prepare the following information for the online registration.
- Parent's/Guardian's particulars
- Applicant's particulars
- Primary 5 Final-year results
- Primary 6 Mid-year results (CA1 results if Mid-year results are not available)
For applicants studying in MOE primary schools, click here to register online.
For applicants currently not studying in MOE primary schools, please contact Mr. Sylvester Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Students currently not studying in our MOE primary schools will require a Registration Number issued by MOE HQ to be submitted together with the DSA Application Form. You may obtain the Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed on the dates of the selection in July.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com.
2 July 2018 (Monday)