Term 2 - 22 May 2015
20 May 2015
Dear Parents/ Guardians
1. Secondary 4 Chinese ‘O’ Level Preparation & Schedule
Many of our Sec 4s will be taking their O-level Chinese Language (CL) paper on June 2015. They have been advised to maximize this opportunity to clear the CL paper well.
We will need your assistance to remind your child/ward on the following:
• Be serious during CL intensive revision period 22nd – 29th May 2015 to ensure the highest levels of preparation for the examination.
• Have sufficient rest and stay healthy.
• Bring a Chinese dictionary or E-dictionary approved by MOE for the CL paper.
• Report punctually to school on the day of examination with his NRIC.
• Put in serious effort during the June holiday lessons to practise for the Oral examination as the weighting of this component is 25% of the total marks.
2. Pro Academic Support for Secondary 4
a. June Holiday lessons All Sec 4 students will be having June Holiday lessons on the last week of the holidays from 22 to 26 June 2015. These lessons will allow your child/ward to catch up on his work and improve on his performance from Prelim 1. We seek your understanding in ensuring that your child/ward is present for the lessons.
b. Punctuality and Dress-Code:
Please ensure that your child/ward arrives in school punctually. They should be in their classrooms by 7.55 a.m. (Mon, Wed, Fri) and 8.30 a.m. (Thu). They should come to school in the proper school uniform and haircut. Attendance will be taken. Absentees will need to produce medical certificates to verify their absence.
3. Parent-Teacher-Meeting (PTM) for Term 2
The Parent-Teacher-Meeting (PTM) for Term 2 will be held on 29 May 2015, 12 noon to 4 pm. Parents who attending this meeting are required to sign the acknowledgement slips and book a time-slot with the teachers.
The teachers and staff are doing their best to prepare your son/ward for the high stakes examinations. With your support, the Marist cohort of 2015 will perform to the best of their abilities.
Your partner in education,
Mr Joseph Lim Principal