Direct School Admission (DSA)
2020 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION @ MARIS STELLA HIGH SCHOOL
To apply via Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise for Admission to Secondary One in 2021 at Maris Stella High School, current Primary 6 male students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Academic entry requirements (PSLE T-Score) eligible for Express course of study and must offer Chinese as Mother Tongue Language
- Requirements stated for the area of talent that he is interested in
MSHS SPORTS AND GAMES REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants must have represented his primary school, participated in international, regional or national competition(s) in one of the following sports:
- Sport Climbing
- Table Tennis
- Ten-pin Bowling
(b) Key player of the School Team who achieved Top 8 placing at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(c) Individuals who achieved Top 8 placing in their individual events at National Inter-Primary School Competition(s), or
(d) Individuals with outstanding achievements.
MSHS AESTHETICS REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member of the following Performing Arts CCA in 2019 and 2020:
- Band - Concert
- Orchestra - Chinese
(b) Shortlisted applicants must be able to perform
- A self-prepared solo piece;
- A sight-reading piece provided by the school; and
- Any two scales (School Band only)
MSHS SCOUTS REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants must be a member of the Cub Scouts in 2019 and 2020;
(b) Actively involved in the Scouts Movement; and
(c) Achieved at least the Gold Arrow.
MSHS CLUBS AND SOCIETIES REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants should preferably be a member in one of these CCAs in 2019 and 2020:
- Drama and Debate – Chinese
- English Literary – Debate and Scrabble
- Photography and Videography
- Robotics Club
(b) Represented his primary school in relevant competitions
(c) Certification in relevant skills:
(i) Photography and Videography:
- Portfolio in Photography/Video-making/Digital Media (Hard/soft copy)
- Experience and competency in using media software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Experience in either C++ or Python Programming
- Participated in NJRC/FLL/WRG/APYRC or other international/national robotics competitions and obtained a good standing in either the main or side events.
MSHS CHINESE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
(a) Applicants should have:
- Strong command of Chinese Language in both spoken and written form, and
- Display strong interest and high aptitude for Chinese, and
- Participated in Chinese Language-related and/or Chinese Cultural events or competitions.
(b) Other than participation in school-wide activities which aim to deepen the understanding and learning of Chinese Language and tradition, successful applicants will also enrol in school bicultural programme and Chinese Language-related competitions.
1. Candidates who are shortlisted are required to go through DSA selection conducted by the school.
2. Depending on the number of applications and vacancies, shortlisted candidates will be notified via email by 26 June 2020 (Fri) to attend a selection trial
which will be conducted between 1 – 25 July 2020.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the exact date, time and venue for the audition/trial.
4. Successful candidates from the audition/trial will be informed to attend an interview session.
5. Letters will be issued to all shortlisted candidates by 30 August 2020 (Mon), informing them if they have been given a Confirmed Offer, placed on theWaiting List or Rejected.
6. Students given a Confirmed Offer are guaranteed a place in the school provided they qualify for the Express course of study.
|Important Dates to Note |
|5 May - 2 June 2020, 3pm||Submission of online DSA Application Form|
|By 26 June 2020||School to send e-mail notification to shortlisted candidates.|
|1 – 25 July 2020||Selection trial for shortlisted candidates. Submission of supporting documents on the day of selection.|
|By 30 August 2020||School to inform shortlisted candidates of the selection outcome.|
HOW TO APPLY
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May to 2 Jun 2020. For more details, please refer to MOE website – http://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from years 1-4.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com
2 June 2020, 3pm